Friday, August 17, 2012

Color Dare #12 - Blush, Hollyhock, & Olive

Hi! Welcome to the Close to My Heart Color Dare!

Congrats to our Shades winner last week: Amie Kiger! Franny's choice is Julia Hammond! Ruth's choice is Brenda Frerichs!

This week's color dare is:
Blush
Hollyhock
Olive
Lesson: Hollyhock and Blush are tints (pastels) of red. Olive is a tone of green. Red and green are complimentary colors. You will see this combination often because it is pleasing to the eye.

I found a new challenge called Less is More. This week they want you to make a Clean and Simple card with only one layer! If you are making a card, I will give bonus points if you use this challenge! They also want you to use fur or feathers. I forgot that part, so I can't enter my card, but trying the one-layer card was interesting and challenging.

Franny made a matchbox using the Artiste cartridge, 4 my Friend stamp set, pearls and Color Ready Seam Binding Ribbon. Her neutrals are Chocolate and Colonial White. Isn't it beautiful?

Ruth made a layout using Artiste and Art Philosophy. She used a layout pattern from the new Make It From Your Heart how-to book! Isn't it gorgeous?

Here is a real treat from our guest designer, the winner from last week, Amy McVey!!! Amy used a Mojo Monday sketch and Our new markers for this beautiful card. Stamps are Love Blooms and Card Chatter-Birthday.


Now create a project using the featured colors, take a picture of it, upload it to your blog, and link it up here. Bonus points for using 100% Close to My Heart products. Our complete list of rules are on the sidebar. Please read them! :) Happy stamping!

5 comments:

  1. This just made my day! Thanks so very much, Sarah, not only for choosing my project, but for keeping me trying new things with your challenges. I really enjoy stepping out of my comfort zone for these now. Please don't stop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!!! Amie won! Congrats Amie, I knew this was an awesome card the moment I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously--Amie knocked that card out of the park! I am so glad she won. :-) And thank you, Ruth, for choosing my card. Your challenges are pushing me--and that's a great thing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to Ruth for that BEAUTIFUL LO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, girls! I need to go and add the inspiration photo to my blog!

    ReplyDelete