Friday, November 29, 2013

Color Dare #71 - Ponderosa Pine & Cranberry

Hi, welcome to the Color Dare. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am visiting with family and having a relaxing time. Here are the winners from last week:

Haley D. wins the Color Dare Diamond!


Jody Gustafson wins the Color Dare Emerald!


Katrina wins the Color Dare Ruby!


Dawn Cortner wins the Color Dare Sapphire!


Congrats, ladies! Please grab your badges from the top tab and display them proudly on your blogs!

This week's colors are complementary, traditional Christmas colors:

Ponderosa Pine
Cranberry

I made a traditional Christmas card using the sketch from Atlantic Hearts. You can read more about it in my blog.


Lesson: Complementary colors are colors that sit across from each other on the color wheel. They are usually bold colors that are very festive, which is why they are great for holidays. In this case we are using darker shades of red and green.

Our guest designer is Dawn Cortner. Go to her blog to check out her beautiful cards! Here is the jar topper she created:
 
Check out these gorgeous projects from the design team:

 
 
 
 
 
Here is my November 29 project. I colored the tie with the CTMH alcohol markers! I covered the clothes pin with the new washi tape! There is a surprise inside. The surprise inside will be sent to anyone who visits and comments on the entry in November!
 
Now it's your turn! Create a project using the suggested colors, or the closest you have! Take a photo of your project and post it to your blog. Upload it here and don't forget to include a link to us in your post. Please read the sidebar for complete rules. And don't forget to have fun!

4 comments:

  1. These are all so beautiful! I want to go up and make some cards NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thank you so much! I was popping over to see the new color combo (One of my Christmas faves!) and was so surprised to see that I had won! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am new to this. I linked to two different cards. Please let me know if this is not allowed. The directions didn't make it clear if we can add more than one project for each dare. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I was too late for the Linky, but I did create a card for this Color Challenge.
    http://sheila-bennett.blogspot.com/2013/12/clean-simple-christmas-cards.html

    ReplyDelete