Friday, January 11, 2013

Color Dare #25 - Ruby & Indian Corn Blue

Welcome to the 25th Color Dare at Color My Heart! I'm so excited today, because I have beautiful artwork to share with you from our design team for the FIRST TIME EVER!

But first, let's congratulate our winner from last week: Kristin Holm! She won the "neutrals" challenge with these adorable hedgehog cards. She made a set of four, so go on over to her blog to check out the other two.


The color dare for this week is called dyadic.
Ruby
Indian Corn Blue


Lesson: A dyadic color scheme is 2 colors that are 2 colors apart on the color wheel. When you put 2 primary colors together, it has a strong feel to it, but not as strong as 3 together. Your creations will look festive, but not too overpowering. It is best to use a light neutral with these colors. I chose to use white, and I went for a Valentine look for mine. It can also look patriotic or wintry, or just cheerful.

Now here's some inspiration from our design team. Go leave them some love on their blogs. They worked hard on them.

 
 
 
 
 
 
dress and tux
 
Now it's your turn! Go out and make some beautiful red and blue creations. Go and look at our sidebar for complete rules. I can't wait to see what you come up with!
 
P.S. Next week I will have a treat for you. The winner will get a special badge to display on your blog!
 

1 comment: