Friday, January 18, 2013

Color Dare #26 - Black & White with a "pop" of One Other Color

Hi and welcome to another edition of our Color Dare - playing color with Close to My Heart! Thanks to all who joined us last week. We had a great response. Check out the previous post to see the Ruby and Indian Corn Blue entries.
 
Congrats to our winner from last week: Sara Batkin! Didn't she do a great job? Sara, go to our sidebar and grab your winner's badge. You're the very first Color Dare Diamond!
 
Our colors for this week are a little different, but one of my favorites to do. I'm picking your neutrals for you. It must be black and white. You may use one other color, but make it just a pop:
 
My project is a scrapbook layout, and I used Lagoon as my other color. Check out my blog for details. 
 
Lesson: When you want to add a color to a black and white project, it helps to tie it in. Use that color in at least two spots on your page or card. That way, the color won't look out of place. In the case of a layout, the color may be used in several spots, like mine has been, and it won't seem too overpowering. In the case of a card, just two or three "pops" are needed.
 
Here are the gorgeous entries from our wonderful design team. They all made me smile this week. Head over to their blogs and leave them some love. Some of them have extra pics and projects added to their posts!
 
Lela Norris - Cranberry
 
Becca Whitham -Tulip
 
Marie Flayer - Pacifica
 
Linda Anderson - Dutch Blue
 
Amie Kiger - Ruby
 
Pam Korte - Red
Shoes and purse
 
Now it's your turn! You're going to have so much fun with this challenge and I can't wait to see what you all come up with! Check out our sidebar for complete rules for playing along.

1 comment: