Friday, May 17, 2013

Color Dare #43 - Outdoor Denim, Honey, & Cranberry

Hi everybody! Welcome to a new Color Dare at Color My Heart. We're so glad to have you! If you're new to us, we give you a new color combo once a week, and we invite you to play along with us and make a project using the suggested colors! We hope we inspire you to think outside the box and expand your creative skills.

Now I'd like to congratulate our winner from last week. I was very limited in what I was able to choose from, because a lot of the entries had extra colors along with the three pinks. First I'll announce the winner, then I'll clarify the rules. Our winner is: Wendy Coffman! She had a beautiful Kraft card with gorgeous white embossing, and a nice ombre blending of the pinks (Cotton Candy, Hollyhock, and Blush). Wendy, you can grab the Color Dare Diamond badge to display on your blog!


Okay, I'd like to clarify our rules now. Maybe they're a little unclear, since most of you who played last week didn't follow them. :) When choosing your colors, you MUST use EVERY color we suggest, and you may ONLY use those colors, aside from neutrals. Here is a list of the neutrals you are allowed to use: Kraft, Brown, Beige, Grey, Black, White, Skin Tones. In Close To My Heart Colors that would equal: White Daisy, Colonial White, Black, Slate, Whisper, Cocoa, Chocolate, Saddle, Cashmere, Champagne, Desert Sand, and Bamboo. Green, yellow, blue, red, pink, etc. are not neutrals (unless I say so)! If you don't have CTMH colors, you may substitute similar colors, but make sure you use the same amount of colors as the original dare. Make sense?

One more thing before we get to the new colors for this week. Check out our winner's post from last week by scrolling down. Julie G. was our random winner and she won a surprise grab bag from Amie. Becca will be giving away a prize for May - this stamp - Pirouette. Isn't it gorgeous?


Now that we've gotten all the business out of the way, let's get on to the fun stuff! Our colors for this week come from the Tommy paper pack:

Outdoor Denim
Honey
Cranberry

For my card, I used the sketch from RetroSketches. You can read more about it on my blog.

Lesson: These three are primary colors. When you use three primary colors, it's best to choose two to act as the main colors, and complement with a third. On my card I used yellow and blue as the main colors, then I just have a pop of red in the pattern paper.

Here are 3 gorgeous card from our guest designer, Denise Elliot:


Now check out some wonderful projects from our Design Team!


Photo for this week's challenge: Cheery primary colours!


 

Now it's your turn! Go create something using these colors, take a picture of it, and upload it to your blog. Make sure to include a link to us in your post! Then link your post up here at the bottom of this page. Please read our sidebar for complete rules. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment